This is such an easy light lunch, late-night feast or inventive answer to unexpected visitors! It is also a ‘must have’ treat for my darling boys (and of course, all their friends) when they badger me for “something to eat, mum!” as they watch movies. After a day at the salon this one is simplicity itself to throw together and feed the hungry brutes:-)
1. 1 can tuna in water/brine/oil, drained
2. 4 tbs sweet corn, drained
3. 2 tsp mayonnaise
4. 1 tsp Thousand Island dressing
5. 1/2 red onion, chopped
6. 2 inch piece cucumber, chopped
7. 1/4 red or green capsicum, chopped
8. 4 sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced
9. 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
10. 1 green/red chilli, sliced (optional)
11. 1 bunch salad leaves or fresh dill, chopped
Place all above ingredients in a bowl and gently mix them. Add mayonnaise and thousand island dressing (enough to coat the tuna well, but not overwhelm the taste of each ingredient). Delicious on Turkish bread, with pasta or on a jacket potato. BON APPETITE!
♥ As always, I am just a call away to help you source ingredients if they’re not available where you live.