The natural power of red wine is a fabulous treatment for dry, dehydrated, discoloured, wrinkled and sun-damaged skins. Unlike chemical peels, cabernet peels are the naturaceutical, anti-bacterial choice for sensitive skin types.
Here are just some of the beneficial attributes of this treatment:
• Moisturises and softens the skin, removes lines and wrinkles to inhibit the visible signs of ageing.
• Protects against UVA and UVB radiation.
• Contains free-radical scavengers and potent anti-oxidants.
• Evens out discolouration, gently clarifies the skin and leaves it free of irritants.
♥ We know this is an especially good treatment for allergy-prone skin types…
• Is anti-bacterial and anti-microbial; and
• Effectively treats acne, razor bumps, old and new scarring as well as clogged and enlarged pores.
A little knowledge goes a long way: before and after treatment
What should I do before the Peel treatment?
• Avoid heavy sunglasses on the bridge of your nose as it can mark the delicate treated areas of your face.
• Cleanse your skin thoroughly beforehand to remove all traces of make-up or moisturiser.
• Wear a front-buttoned dress or top to avoid rubbing the treated areas.
• Do not wear any fragrances or perfumes.
• Bring a large hat if it is a sunny day.
• Shampoo hair thoroughly the previous day.
• Shave at least 12 hours before peel (for our menfolk).
And afterwards? What do you advise then?
♥ For the first 24 hours after a peel, moisturise your skin without washing with Hydrating Mango Toner.
• When showering, gently rub off the peeling skin layers from day 4 – 5 only; not before.
• Don’t use buff-puffs or exfoliants – your skin should peel naturally 4 – 5 days after treatment.
• Avoid all shellfish and seafood for 24 – 48 hours (you may be more sensitive during this time).
What are the contra-indications for this treatment?
• Do not use Retin-A for 5 – 7 days prior to treatment.
Note: This treatment is unsuitable for pregnancy or lactating conditions, skin cancer patients, people with open lesions (weeping acne or other broken skin conditions) and people with Aspirin or Anaphylactic allergies.
We also advise:
• Do not take antibiotic medication 1 week before a peel treatment.
• In the case of Herpes breakout, get a Zovirax prescription prior to peel.
• If you are allergic to wine, a patch test is mandatory.
• We can only treat one area per visit – e.g. face only or neck only…
Note: Darker skin types may only have 1 to 2 layers applied. Deeper treatments must be done with care and extra cooling time. If you are a skin type 5 – 6, we will apply the 3rd or 4th layer on the following day to prevent post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
Yes, there is a lot to absorb here. Please know that you are in safe hands and that I am here to care for and advise you every step of the way. Saroj