Indian Head Massage Courses for students and newly qualified therapists
You too can master the art of Indian Head Massage. We offer you the opportunity to learn, practice and experience, one-on-one, the ancient art of Indian Head Massage (or Champissage as it is referred to in India).
The Benefits are Many
1. Prana’s Courses teach you how to massage on the marma points of the scalp, shoulders, upper arms, neck, face and ears. And by introducing an Ayurvedic element into the massage (which works on the three higher Chakras or energy vortices): crown, third eye and throat – the body’s entire energy system is rebalanced.
2. Trainees and newly qualified therapists alike should look to increasing their desirability as a salon employee. Be sure to add another string to your bow with a professional looking resume that reflects the competencies and courses you’ve undertaken with reputable salons.
3. An outstanding therapist is the one employers and clients prefer. To be ‘that person’ you must learn continually and practice daily to become proficient in your chosen speciality…
To gain confidence and practice your skills, a friend to accompany you on this Course is especially valuable. If no one is available, please advise us and we will try to arrange a volunteer for you.
Supervised Course Content
1. A personal 30 minute head massage session… you will learn much about what sets you apart from the crowd.
2. Caring for clients: initial consultation and preparation
3. Assessing the contraindications
4. Indian Head Massage techniques
There are no formal entry or participation requirements – however, an initial knowledge and understanding of massage techniques is recommended.
Course Materials and Certification
As part of your training, we also provide a comprehensive Manual to take away – supplementary reference material which provides theoretical and step-by-step guides, post course.
Your Course participation is acknowledged with Prana’s Certificate of Completion – an essential addition to your resume and a clear indication that you have taken the opportunity to go one step further to enhance your skillsets.
Course Venue, Duration and Timeframes
We welcome you to Prana: – 2A KEARNS CRESCENT, APPLECROSS WA 6153 (15 minutes from Perth CBD); where you’ll find our free on-site parking. Our courses are tailored to fit around your work, study or family responsibilities rather than set pre-determined days or times. All you need to do is call us to arrange – and for the Course itself, please allow 3 Hours.
We accept cash, credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) or payment by direct deposit.
teachers. students. when we care, our journey never ends
Experience is never finite, always gathered, honed and perfected. Like you, I am a student of life – willing to share my knowledge but also, always learning…
I would like to attend an Indian Massage course with Prana. Does attendance automatically grant me certification, and if not, what happens then? Do I have to pay to take the course again? Many thanks, Charlotte (Charlie) Manning.
Charlotte certification is based on my professional assessment of a student’s practical and personal skills… it certainly isn’t automatic, because that would not serve you (or your clients) well. However, should you fail, I will identify the areas you need to brush up on and advise you to return after you’ve had time to practice or fine-tune them. When you are ready to take the test again, I will allot you another 45 minutes (Free of Charge). Come Charlie, test yourself! Saroj x
Thanks so much for your Indian Head Massage course… it has broadened my understanding of the ayurvedic principles so much and I now see that what I offer is so much more than physical healing. Thank you so much, Alyssa.
Alyssa, thank you. If I have passed on something elemental (almost spiritual) I am so pleased and I wish you every success! Do please keep in touch with me… we each are students of life, and learn from each other. Warmly, Saroj.
You are a respected beautician and very much loved so I hope you’ll forgive me for asking: how can Prana Course students possibly learn Indian Head Massage techniques in 3 hours? Surely there is more we as students need to know, understand, practice and perfect?
Kind regards, Pippa.
Indeed Pippa, there is much to learn. Can one pass on the skills of a lifetime in 3 hours? No. But I urge you (as I do all students) to remember that “repetition is the mother of skill” and that practice, practice, practice is our foundation. Pippa we are all students of life. I urge you to begin your journey. It can only lead to more opportunity… Saroj.