Preparing for your Brazilian Wax Treatment
Relax! Like a lot of things in life, the anticipation is often worse than the actual event. Don’t listen to friends who tell you their waxing horror stories – they haven’t tried Prana. Your experience with us will be surprisingly carefree, we promise!
After your first Brazilian, you will never again be nervous or uncomfortable. Usually, clients leave the salon pleasantly relieved – it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as they’d imagined. And every wax gets easier, because your new hair growth becomes finer and so much easier to remove.
- Gently exfoliate your bikini line the night before your wax. Exfoliating the skin in this area removes dead skin and will keep ingrown hairs at bay. It’s a good idea to make a habit of this, especially if you’re prone to ingrown hair.
- As wax is unable to adhere to hair if it’s too short, ideally it should be at least 1/2-1cm long (about 2 weeks of growth). Don’t worry if it’s longer…we will can always trim it prior to waxing.
- We always prep the skin with an antiseptic before we wax; however taking a warm shower just before waxing opens up your pores. As a courtesy, this is preferred and you’ll feel less self-conscious too! If that’s not possible in the middle of your day, remember baby wipes can be your best friend when it comes to freshening up before your appointment.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine immediately prior to your wax, for some it can make the process more uncomfortable.
- Resist the urge to shave between sessions. Shaving chafes the skin and creates sharper, coarser hair, and encourages more growth.
- Once you’re on the waxing bed, relax and take a deep breath – this will relax your muscles.
Set your mind at rest – you are in the hands of our very caring, Ayurvedic practitioner with sophisticated expertise.