These days, most people are aware that overdoing the sunbaking (soaking up too many UV rays) can harm the skin, especially those of us with genetically fairer skin.
It’s a bitter pill to swallow for many Australians given our beautiful climate, pristine beaches and way of life.
Luckily, we can now add some glamour and colour to our skin without risking health ‘nasties’ down the track – cancerous cells and other skin abnormities which lay dormant for years.
DIY Fake Spray Tans
Over the years we’ve had DIY fakery – too often resulting in a very unattractive streaky, orange skin tone.
We’ve over-dosed on solariums (too much of which aged the skin prematurely and left us looking leathery). And for too long, tanning solutions were laden with potentially harmful chemicals.
New Healthy Spray Tans
Thankfully, the tanning industry has a much healthier approach these days and is producing tanning solutions which contain no harmful chemicals and an abundance of natural ingredients.
For Prana, it didn’t come too soon. We proudly endorse and use Minx products – an Australian company which produces organic, preservative free, paraben free, alcohol and hypo-allergenic free ingredients. What does all of this mean? Simply that we offer you all the glamour of a sun-kissed, radiant look for balls, weddings and signature events – without risking your health (and assaulting the nostrils with chemical odours).
We recommend that you:
- Wax or shave no less than 24 hours beforehand. On the day, exfoliate your skin and if you have any leftover tan from previous applications use a loofer to gently remove it.
- Do not apply moisturisers, deodorants or perfumes and finally, wear loose clothing for the session.
To extend the life of your tan:
- Allow 2 hours before showering in warm water (or for a darker look, 6 hours).
- Pat yourself dry (don’t rub) and immediately moisturise with a good quality product – we proudly recommend Asyana’s tan extender and body lotion and have a range of their beautiful products available on request.
- Don’t exfoliate or shave for 24 hours. In the meantime, use sunscreen and avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
Your tan will continue to develop and over the next 24 hours a truly beautiful colour will emerge – typically lasting at least 10 days (with the following caveat): MOISTURISE, MOISTURISE, MOISTURISE! As always, I hope I’ve helped…
For prices and to make a booking, please see our sunless spray tans at Prana.
You may also be interested in these skincare products.